Senior Procurement Manager
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: October 23, 2019
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Procurement
Manager! -This individual will be responsible for executing the
category strategy and product/service sourcing process, while
providing input for continuous process improvement in those areas.
- This person will also be responsible for ongoing supplier
governance of third-party providers within the Assurant Corporate
Sourcing Category, including HR, Legal, Finance, etc. -Category
- Support continuous improvement of Category Strategy, adjusting
to shifts in business objectives, changes in vendor capabilities
and dynamic market / macro-economic conditions.
- Develop subject matter expertise of Corporate operations /
business units and the suppliers contributing to the value chain.
This includes an in-depth knowledge of existing operating model &
processes, functional performance metrics and supplier service
levels, and enabling technologies.
- Help to define the total cost of operations, identifying
potential synergies across processes and suppliers, and mitigating
potential performance and compliance risks.
- Execute category strategy tenets to maximize the value from
suppliers' goods and services, prevent leakage through adherence to
contract and commercial terms, mitigate risks associated with
supplier relationship, and actively manage / track cost
- Develop financial business cases for strategic sourcing
- Partner with existing and new suppliers to develop innovative
solutions to solve business problems facing Corporate teams.
- Lead sourcing projects and supplier negotiations.
- Provide expertise to support all activities related to the
Contract Lifecycle Management (negotiation tactics, insights
regarding contractual/Legal matters of significance to the
- Develop and negotiate innovative contract terms and commercial
structures that protect the interests of internal stakeholders
while incentivizing the supplier performance.Supplier Governance
- Help lead and execute supplier governance inclusive of:
- Contract Management - adherence to terms and conditions,
processing renewals, addition of new services, change requests
- Financial Management - budget planning and forecasting, invoice
reconciliation and payment management, reward / penalty calculation
- Performance Management - service level agreement monitoring &
adherence, manage performance corrective action plans
- Relationship Management - escalation / issue resolution,
leverage supplier's full set of capabilities / offerings to expand
- Serve as supplier specific subject matter expert pertaining to
supplier contract terms, commercial structures and performance
- Maintain knowledge of industry & regulatory trends and apply
learnings / best-practices to supplier product management and
service delivery.Stakeholder/Relationship Management
- Effectively operate in complex, matrixed organization where
partnership and collaboration with multiple stakeholders is
required to ensure transparent flow of information, manage
expectations around process capabilities / limitations, and to
achieve desired outcomes.
- Establish relationships / partnerships with internal customers
to ensure utilization of Procurement Services for all sourcing
needs and supplier governance support.
- Orchestrate and facilitate governance meetings between internal
stakeholders and suppliers to create meaningful and valuable
engagement on both sides.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with internal
clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Mentor and coach internal stakeholders and suppliers on
governance processes and risk management.Other responsibilities
- Partner with on-/off-shore resources from Procurement Managed
Service Provider for various sourcing related activities
(benchmarking, RFx, contracting, etc.).
- Utilize off-shore business and process analysis resources to
performance various supplier governance related activities.
- Responsible for developing solutions to help meet operational
- Forecasting supplier spend and tracking / validation of planned
- Support reconciliation, validation against commercial terms,
and ultimate payment of supplier invoices for goods and services
- Tracking of cost savings achieved through sourcing and
operational efficiencies.Qualifications: Basic
- Minimum Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
-Professional Experience: -
- 5 years relevant experience in (a) sourcing / procurement/
vendor management at large multinational companies or (b) shared
services and outsourcing advisory or operational consulting
- Financial acumen with 3 or more years of experience in roles
developing business cases for sourcing programs and/or outsourcing
services (client or provider)
- Hands-on experience in negotiating complex contracts -Knowledge
- Proven track record in outsourcing benchmarking, market
analyses and contract negotiations
- Master knowledge of industry standard / best-in-class contract
terms and conditions (T&C), especially around information
securing and risk management
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills in a team
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication and
influencing skills especially with senior level executives
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment and
highly matrixed, global environment
- Strong financial acumen; ability to understand outsourcing
impact to P&L, ability to develop complex business cases &
continually assess/determine total cost of ownership at both a
functional level and supplier level
- Strong Excel modeling skills and PowerPoint presentation
- Evidence of successful management of large programs and
projectsPreferred Qualifications:Education: -
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics, industrial
engineering, supply chain or equivalent
- MBA/MS degree preferred -Knowledge and Skills
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Strong oral, written, and organizational skills
- Independent thinking, good judgment and creative
- Strong business planning skills
- Strong knowledge of project managementPrevious Experience
- Management consulting experience or sourcing / procurement
experience at large multinational firms
- Experience in process transformation, cost reduction and global
delivery model strategy highly desirableIndustry Experience:Strong
background in working on enterprise wide projects for large complex
organizations, preferably in financial services or insurance
- Outsourcing governance and strategy from leading industry
associations e.g. IAOP, HFS, etc.
- Certifications in Project management desirable
Keywords: Assurant, Miramar , Senior Procurement Manager, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!