Mgr., Laboratory Svcs (i)
Company: The Nature's Bounty Co.
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: October 21, 2019
Since time began, the earth s been a generous contributor to people
s well-being. We haven t been around quite that long, but The
Nature s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around
the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started,
the world was developing our motivation: Nature s bountiful effects
on people s health.
Through our years, we ve been a leader in health and wellness with
our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the
highest quality standards at the heart of our business that s why
The Nature s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the
world. We re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor
and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active
nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits,
competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company
culture. If you ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you
know how important a positive work environment is for a person s
well-being. The Nature s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting
wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is
a pretty good place to start.
The Laboratory Services Manager is responsible for the site
management of all Quality activities at their manufacturing site.
Provides leadership and guidance to the Quality team in the
manufacture of dietary supplements and is a member of the factory
* Manage all laboratory operations in the central quality control
* Manage the global stability program. Ensure that all product
families and matrices are covered so that the stability program
supports our range of products.
* Review investigation reports to determine any corrective and
preventive actions that are necessary.
* Provide logistical and resource support in order to meet
throughput expectations and customer fill rates. This includes
supply and personnel resources as well as direction for
* Review end of study and investigation reports for stability
studies to determine corrective and preventive actions.
* Oversee any testing or product issues for raw materials and
manufactured products that are tested in the laboratory.
* Work with the Director to create and implement laboratory best
practices across the laboratory network.
* Provide coverage for the Quality Managers responsibilities in
* Review regulatory and customer audit reports. Implement any
corrective and preventive actions necessary in response to audit
* Optimize the testing rationale in the laboratory to optimize
throughput while maintaining the correct scheme to ensure the
quality of the product.
* Work with the recruiting and compensation departments to conduct
interviews and decide on compensation offers for potential
* Has ownership of and deploys the quality management systems and
test plans as defined by Nature s Bounty corporate policies and
* Creates and manages a fully functioning control laboratory
responsible for microbiological and chemical analysis of raw
materials and bulk dietary supplements following CFR 111 and ISO
* Work with raw material/component suppliers and Procurement to
effectively communicate quality issues and achieve resolution.
* Monitor the performance and competency of Quality staff and
provide development as needed.
* Other duties may be assigned as requested.
* 10+ years of related experience with advanced expertise.
* Experience with laboratory management as well as global standard
setting a plus.
* Bachelor s degree or other closely related discipline; with
extensive significant experience can be considered in lieu of a
Bachelor s degree.
* Ability to lead, train, motivate, and develop successful
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
* Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or
* Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to
a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
* Effectively communicate and collaborate with associates,
management, and cross functional partners.
* Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific
equations, graphs, etc.).
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (including, Word, Excel,
Outlook) and familiarity with basic laboratory record-keeping
* Influencing skills and ability to work effectively on a team.
* Passion to learn and teach and for building capabilities in
* Should be an assertive self-starter, who can also consistently
display the interpersonal skills of both a strong leader and an
effective team player
Expected high performance behaviors:
* Exhibit positive attitude regarding work and responsibilities
* Ability to work collaboratively within teams
* Ability to maintain effectiveness during major changes in work
tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to within new
work structures, processes, requirements or cultures
* Continuously look for ways to do things faster and better, while
maintaining high quality standards
* Is creative and intellectually curious; tries different and novel
ways to solve obstacles
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental
plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life
insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition
reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a
reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online
Ref # POS000002941.
Keywords: The Nature's Bounty Co., Miramar , Mgr., Laboratory Svcs (i), Other , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!